Friday, December 31, 2010

This years Phd Challange

Last year I participated in Myra's PhD Challenge and didn't do so good, so this year I decided to be more realistic. Last year I choose seven projects! Goodness what was I thinking!! This year I'm going with three. That sound much more doable. 
#1. This was one of my projects from last year and it's still hanging out on my project shelves unfinished. I honestly don't know when I started this, but I suspect it was sometime in the nineties. All the blocks are cut out, ironed on, six are appliqued, two are started, and the last four are waiting. It's time to have this done!!!

#2. I just started this one in October, 2010. It's to go in my guest room and I would really like to get that room decorated. I need to do the machine applique and finish it.
 #3. Last, but the one that's barely started. This is again for my guest room and only the setting blocks are cut out. Now I have to foundation piece all the other blocks and finish.
 Hopefully my efforts this year will be better and I'll have all three projects done by June! Thanks Myra for sponsoring this!!!!

10 comments:

John'aLee said...

Those flower blocks are soooo cute!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I love all your choices Jill, but #1 is amazing and will be such a wonderful finish for next Christmas.

Myra said...

You are most welcome!!! I can't believe that there are 70 quilters that joined me in my challenge... All the more reason to keep myself on track this time!!! lol!
Your projects are great, and I have full confidence that you will get them done!!!
Happy stitchings! 8-)

LesQuilts said...

Hi Jill!
Those Christmas blocks are from QuiltMaker magazine (I think) from about 2004 or 05, I was going to do them too, but never did.
Good luck with your challenge!
Take care, Leslie

Ivory Spring said...

Those projects are simply too yummy!

Cathy H. said...

Just popped over from Myra's PhD blog. You have some great projects! Can't wait to see them finished. I enjoyed your Christmas posts and decorations!!

Valentina said...

Dear Jill, I wish you luck and perseverance in getting these projects done this year. I a, so taken by your first applique project. I think it will be a classic, and your flowers are so cheerful, wow: what a wonderful way to inject sunshine in a room! and well those squares just look yummy... Happy new year, Jill and may it be a creative one!
Valentina

Teresa said...

I've always liked your 12 days a Xmas blocks & I still remember Carlene informing you that they could "Never" be done with machine app. Was that a dare or what! I went through all my boxes & shelves today listing my UFO's. Still have to many, but a lot of them are to the 1/2 way point. And Max's movie is adorable. Such a cutie!!

Micki said...

I love your projects! Glad that you are finishing them!
Micki

Staci said...

I love your little flowers! How cute! I also love that they are rectangles.