Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas at My House Part One

It's been a long time since I posted, but I've been busy. I've been working on some Christmas presents that I will show later, as well as, decorating up a storm. First of all, if you're into simplicity and uncluttered, you probably won't enjoy this post. My theory of decorating for Christmas...More is More! I think it's my Mom's fault. She always had the house beautifully decorated and I don't think she ever met a Christmas decoration that she didn't like, so my sisters and I carry on the tradition she started. In my house there is a small room next to the front entry. I have seen it used as an office in some houses, but I have no need for that so I have set it up as a formal living room. It normally has a bit of a Victorian feel to it, but at Christmas that is intensified. 
First is my Christmas tree. It has to be a tall skinny one because the room is so small. There are are many lovely ornaments given to me by my children and dear friends. The angel was made by my Mom is heavily hand beaded. I designed the tree skirt and have a pattern available for it.
 Next is a picture of the inside of my curio filled with my Santa collection. I've been collecting Santas for some time, some are gifts and some I even found at yard sales. They are not particularly valuable, just ones that I really like.
The next picture is my shelves. They are filled with memories also. Mom made all the cute little angels. The plates are some that I inherited from her collection. I made the deer when my children were young. The teapots are gifts from my daughter and my daughter-in-law.
  Last is a picture of the garland between the entry and the living room.
 This room offers a quiet, peaceful place to escape from the busyness of the season. A great place to retreat and read with a cup of hot chocolate or just enjoy the lights.

5 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Gorgeous decorating Jill! Thanks for sharing.

Ivory Spring said...

Jill - what festive decorations! You did a fantastic job. Love those sweet angels your Mom made.

Preeta said...

Lovely decoration... Jill, Especially I liked the tree skirt u have done.
I am Preeta and I follow ur blog, its really beautiful...

Micki said...

Love all of your decorations, esp. the tree.
Micki

Myra said...

Absolutely lovely, festive decorating!!! Nice job! 8-)