Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Meet My New Grandson and Some More Birthday Gifts!

I spent the last week and a half in California meeting my new grandson. It was wonderful to finally be able to hug and kiss and cuddle him. I also loved spending time with my son Matt, my daughter-in-law Joanne and my daughter Jessica. We were also joined for a few of those days by my younger son Jacob and my daughter-in-law Amanda. My husband kept the home fires going and took care of our dog, who is no longer up to traveling. So although I usually don't put pictures of my family on my blog, I just have to introduce you to my little grandson Max!
Isn't he beautiful! He's a happy, wonderful baby and I loved every minute that I was able to hold him.
Before I left, I was able to complete a couple of items for my son Jacob's birthday.  I made him a bag to carry a cutting board, a large ruler, and a rotary cutter. Jacob and Amanda are part of a group of family members that I'm teaching to quilt and I thought the bag would come in handy for the days we get together. 

I also made him a reversible table mat for their dinning room table. One side features Christmas fabrics. 

The other side will be good for January. 
You may recognize this pattern, I also made Jacob's wife an October and November version for her birthday. If you would like to see them go here. 
Now it's on to Christmas sewing. I'm hoping to get my gifts finished earlier this year!  

13 comments:

Lisa said...

Ahh, Max is sooo adorable!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Max is so huggable and cute! Congratulations Jill!

Teresa said...

oSounds like you had a great time. Max is cute as ever!! But I bet your glad to be home. I finished finished something. Will have a picture up soon...

jennifer said...

What a precious little baby.

Micki said...

What a precious baby, and I lov your dresden mat.
Micki

~Niki~ said...

love your table mats.
your grandson is adorable~well you knew that already ;)
Just found your blog and wanted to say HI.
NIKI

Anonymous said...

Who could blame you for posting such a handsome little boyyyyyyyy ! He would make any grandma proud! Congratulationsss!

Myra said...

Adorable little guy... Congrats to the family!!! 8-)
Love the reversible table topper!!! It is wonderful! 8-)

Joan said...

What a beautiful little boy - and Wow you have been busy - I love the mats.

orchidlover said...

He is so gorgeous

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Ivory Spring said...

Jill,

Max is a cutie! And those gifts are precious.

SueR said...

A precious little bundle, he is! Congratulations! Hope you enjoyed your trip out to California. The table mats are very cool, especially like the red and blue one!

Kari @ Fresh Cut Quilts said...

Oh Jill he is so beautiful. I hope you get lots of visits with him.