Monday, October 25, 2010

Two Finishes

I'm participating in Amy's "One Thing, One Week Challenge", only I guess I didn't think and listed four project that I wanted to finish. I did finish the two most labor intensive project and hope to have the others done by tomorrow night. So here goes...first I finished my son's birthday gift. It is a smaller version of a recent finish called Stepping Stones. I found the pattern in one of the fall 2009 American Patchwork and Quilting magazines. My son loves miniatures so I made it smaller. 
 Here is a picture of the both the regular sized version and my reduced sized one. The colorful blocks in the regular version are 7 inches square and in the smaller one are 3 1/2 inches square. Both quilts are fun to make and not difficult.
 My other finish this week is a small quilt for my daughter-in-law. It is my design and I haven't named it yet, but I' really happy about how it turned out and I going to have to make one for myself! The blocks are 4 inches square.
I'm hoping that my son and daughter-in-law like their birthday gifts. Now on to the other two projects listed! If you would like to see more finished projects for this week  stop by Amy's and see what others have accomplished this week. Many thanks to Amy for hosting this challenge!
 

15 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Beautiful finishes Jill!

Lindsay @ Me Quilting said...

Love the box quilts, such a great idea! I will have to locate me a copy of that magazine!! Congrats on your finishes!!

orchidlover said...

Great quilts. I love the boxes but the Dresden plate quilt is something extra special

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Sandy said...

Great quilts! I'm sure they will be loved!

Quiet Quilter said...

So many finishes this week! And so clever. Love 'em

Barb in Mi said...

Beautiful quilts!

Jenni said...

Really cool quilts, love those box quilts, my boys would adore those.

Katie said...

Beautiful, bright quilts! I'm going to have to check out that Stepping Stones - I like the way it's finished.

Tanya said...

Wow! I live at the end of an Apple Avenue! How funny! I love the brightness of your quilt. I like the larger version of it, too :)

Ivory Spring said...

Those are definitely beautiful finishes, Jill!!! I cannot imagine them not being loved.

Cecily said...

Wow, so much eye-candy! They're all beautiful!

dj said...

Thanks for sharing your finishes! They are beautiful and inspire me.

I especially like the little one.

Micki said...

I especially loved the miniatures...great job!
Micki

Myra said...

Wow! Awesome finishes! Intriguing pattern! 8-)

Maartje Quilt said...

Congrats with these beautiful finishes. Great patterns. The mini is so cute. What a great gifts.