Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Summer Song Completed, Birthdays Begin!

I finished my guild challenge quilt in time for the competition last Thursday night. There were 15 other quilts made by guild members. It was fun to see what everyone came up with. Pictured below is my challenge quilt "Summer Song". If you would like to see all the quilts that were made for the challenge go here.

Fall is birthday time here at Apple Avenue Quilts. My daughter-in-law Amanda has the first one. One Day last spring we were shopping at a local quilting shop and found two decidedly fun fall fabrics. When I saw that she liked them so much I grabbed them. They were even on sale! I debated what to make with them and being as they in no way would look good together, I decided to make a two sided table mat for her round dining room table. I thought she could use one side for Halloween and the other for the rest of autumn. 
 She also needed a pin cushion, so I made this one for her. I filled it with crushed walnut shells. 
 She seemed really happy with both gifts.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

I've never seen a dresden I didn't like! Very colorful post.

Myra said...

Your quilting on your finish is wonderful! Nicely done! 8-)

Love the two sided table topper, and pincushion! 8-)

Teresa said...

Summer Song turned out wonderful. The quilting looks really nice... I finally got the labels on the last 2 of Mom's quilts. Washed them today & hopefully mailing them tomorrow. Then Mom's quilts will be offically done!! I plan on taking pictures tomorrow morning.I've been cleaning my sewing room, finally getting urge to sew again. Bet Amanda loved her gifts, so glad my B-Days are almost done for the year.

orchidlover said...

Gorgeous

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Ivory Spring said...

Jill,

I love how you have quilted it. Great job.

Oh, and those gifts are to die for, your DIL couldn't have asked for a sweeter MIL!

Zlaty said...

That is one lucky daughter in law! :)

I love the table mat and the pincushion!

Zlaty said...

I forgot to mention that I like your guild challenge quilt, too!

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

Sweet little ladybugs!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Just can't resist ladybugs and sunflowers...together!!! Yours turned out beaurtiful. THanks for sharing at TUesday ARchives!