Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Last Block Finished

As those of you who read my blog know, I have been working on a year long block of the month project sponsored by a local quilt shop. I am given a kit that makes four 6 inch blocks. Here are August's kit blocks. 
I then go to my computer a design an 18 inch block utilizing the four kit blocks in the corners. This is my concept block for August.
 Then I cut out and sew the entire block. I have tried to unify the variety of prints and colors by having the middle outer blocks form a star and the center block is always a pieced Dresden Plate. Here is my finished block for this month.
This is the final block for this series. Each year's blocks run September through August. I have my quilt made from this years blocks designed and am working on it. Next year's theme is called "What's Your Sign" and is star blocks on a black background. Our first class is Saturday. I'm looking forward to seeing what the shop comes up with...so stay tuned!

6 comments:

Myra said...

I love your 18-inch block creations! I am so looking forward to seeing the blocks/quilt come together... 8-)
I also look forward to seeing this coming years' blocks...
Happy stitchings!

Ivory Spring said...

That is absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the Christmas trees.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Just beautiful Jill! You have a great eye for design!

orchidlover said...

stunning. I think that might come close to being my favourite

Love nd hugs Gina xxx

Ariane said...

What a gorgeous block!! I love it!!

Solstitches said...

Oh I love this!
You made something so ordinary into something really special.
I love the trees.
This block would make a wonderful table topper if it were not going into a quilt.