I took Amy's one thing, one week challenge last week and decided I would try and finish my Summer Song (I named it!) wall hanging last week. I didn't quite make it, although not for the want of trying! I'm making this quilt for a guild challenge that requires the quilt have four Dresden Plates. Mine has five. I choose to do the simple circle plate because I wanted to add ric rac. This is my design and that is why I didn't quite finish. I sewed and sewed on Saturday and thought I had the top complete, but when I spent some time looking at it I knew there was something bothering me. I thought and thought and actually came up with an idea to fix the problem, but decided to sleep on the solution. I woke on Sunday morning and realized I wasn't going to like the fix either...so more thinking!
I finally came up with a solution and began deconstructing my top. I then re-cut and re-sewed the top. Our meeting to show off our challenge quilts is this Thursday (yes, I work well under pressure), so I must finish it by then. I must admit I'm liking the result. It seems like a happy, summer quilt and I think it's going to look great in my kitchen!
If you would like to see what others are doing with the one thing, one week challenge go here.