Monday, August 30, 2010

Summer Song---Top Completed!

I took Amy's one thing, one week challenge last week and decided I would try and finish my Summer Song (I named it!) wall hanging last week. I didn't quite make it, although not for the want of trying! I'm making this quilt for a guild challenge that requires the quilt have four Dresden Plates. Mine has five. I choose to do the simple circle plate because I wanted to add ric rac. This is my design and that is why I didn't quite finish. I sewed and sewed on Saturday and thought I had the top complete, but when I spent some time looking at it I knew there was something bothering me. I thought and thought and actually came up with an idea to fix the problem, but decided to sleep on the solution. I woke on Sunday morning and realized I wasn't going to like the fix either...so more thinking! 
I finally came up with a solution and began deconstructing my top. I then re-cut and re-sewed the top. Our meeting to show off our challenge quilts is this Thursday (yes, I work well under pressure), so I must finish it by then. I must admit I'm liking the result. It seems like a happy, summer quilt and I think it's going to look great in my kitchen!
If you would like to see what others are doing with the one thing, one week challenge go here.

13 comments:

Amy - Amy's Creative Side said...

What a fun challenge quilt! I love all the colors and your ric-rac around the dresdens!

Lindsay @ Me Quilting said...

so pretty, i love all the little touches on this quilt!!

Shasta said...

This looks great! I like the name too.

SueR said...

I think you met your challenge admirably. It really is a cheerful little quilt, and I think the ric rac is such a cute touch.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Wonderful creation Jill! I can't see that there is anything that I would change.

Myra said...

Wow! Love your finish! It tis a darling quilt indeed! 8-)

Ivory Spring said...

Very nice, Jill!! I love it!

orchidlover said...

It's gorgeous. I love the ladybirds on it

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Joan said...

Looks great - AND I love the Ladybugs :)

Solstitches said...

What a happy quilt!
I love the dresden corners and the ladybirds.

Margaret

Stephanie said...

Very cute. I love the rick rack and dresdens in the corners.

Fiesta said...

This is beautiful.

Loralynn said...

You really do lovely work! I am looking forward to seeing the new things you make!