Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Stepping Stones Finished!


I started this quilt about a year ago and almost finished it, but then fall birthdays and Christmas happened and I had to put it away. Sorry about the hanging stick in the picture. It won't be visible when I hang it in it's proper place. The other day I was going through the closet and pulled it out. I decided now was the time to finish. I ironed it and proceeded to quilt. I had planned on quilting it in the ditch only, but the quilt had other ideas. I ended up doing a lot of quilting, but it is all straight line so it was easy, but time consuming. The quilting took about three afternoons. It's done (always good). It was something different for me and I had great fun making it. Last of all, I'm very happy with the results!

8 comments:

Myra said...

What a great quilt!!! Love it! 8-)

Solstitches said...

It certainly was the right time to finish this beautiful quilt.
The colours are so vibrant. It will be perfect for fall.

Margaret

Ivory Spring said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Jill! Well done and congrats!

orchidlover said...

Gorgeous.

Isn't it strange how a quilt tells you how it wants to be quilted

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Zlaty said...

Great quilt! i know how it goes with the quilting! You think you will do just a little and then you can't stop! :)

EvaLena said...

I LOVE this pattern. I feel very inspired now.......Thanks

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

This is a great quilt Jill! Nice job quilting it too!

Sally covingtoncreekcandles said...

I love this pattern. Would it be possible to find out where to get the pattern? I would love to do it in fall colors.