Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Pillow Covers



Just thought I'd show you some pillow covers I made for my oldest son and his wife. Last week when I was in California. My daughter-in-law and I were shopping and found an interesting little fabric shop called "Fabrics on Piedmont". It was a very interesting little shop that carried a little of everything, quilting fabric, dressmaking fabric, even some home decorating fabric. There was also a nice selection of buttons. Among this treasure trove, we found these nice linen prints from Japan. They were needing some pillows for their new downstairs family room, so my daughter-in-law purchased the fabric and I told her I would make them. I had been looking for a house warming gift so this seemed like a perfect solution. I measured their pillows and constructed the covers out of two squares of fabric with zippers in the bottom seam. They couldn't have been easier. I made the orange one while I was there and made sure that they fit right and then brought everything home to finish up. They are made to fit 18 inch square and 24 inch square pillows. I spent yesterday afternoon sewing them and put them in the mail this afternoon. They have a mid-century modern home so these fabrics should be perfect. I'm happy with how they turned out and it was fun to try sewing with linen in such bright, fun colors.

2 comments:

Ivory Spring said...

Jill,

Those fabrics are so cute!

Polka Dot Daze said...

I love those fabrics! What a lovely mother in law you are :)