Monday, August 23, 2010

New Wall Hanging...A Quick Peek At the Beginning!

I just thought I would give you a quick peek at the center block of a wall hanging that I'm designing for a challenge sponsored by a local quilt guild that I belong to. The only limits we had in this challenge was to included four Dresden Plates at least four inches across in the design. One down, three more to go (although because I seem to lean towards symmetry, I have four more to go)! Because I love, love, love both sunflowers and ladybugs, I chose them as my main theme. It is quite a large block and is intended to be the main feature of the quilt. I'm going to start work on the border today. I also need to think of a name for it. Let me know what you think.

7 comments:

Barb said...

I absolutely love this block just as it is! What a wonderful small wallhanging just the way it is! I can't wait to see what else you plan for this fantastic block!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

What a beautiful design Jill. I love all the detail!

Teresa said...

It's adorable!! As for a name I'll have to think on that a little. I'll be your way on 8-31. I'll try to call you today ...

Ivory Spring said...

Jill,

Absolutely STUNNING!

Joan said...

I love it!! Particularly the lady bugs :)

SueR said...

What a beautiful block! I just love it! Can't wait to see the rest of it.

Yvonne said...

This is such a cute block. Please write it up as a pattern to share!
Thanks for stopping by my blog:-D