Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday's Treasures

So why are these five blocks my Tuesday's Treasure? For a few reasons, but first let me tell you what we are doing. My son, my daughter-in-law (his wife), my niece and my great-niece having been asking me for some time now to teach them to quilt. About 2 months ago we got together and cut all our fabric to make a block of the month quilt. I chose one from Block Central called Nine Patch Nirvana. We all picked our own fabrics. I got mine from my stash. On Sunday afternoon we got together and worked on block one. We had such a good time. My sister (the fine artist) also came and worked on a knitting project while we were sewing. My husband also joined us (after the world cup soccer game) and we all had a good visit. After we finished our blocks, my sister provided us with supper. Then to round out the evening, we went to Toy Story 3. A fun movie, if you haven't seen it, you should give it a try. Anyway back to the blocks, mine is in the upper left corner. My daughter-in-law's is in the upper right corner. Her fabric was declared the most fresh looking! My son's block is the center one. His fabric was declared to be the most bold. My great-niece's block is in the lower left corner. Her fabric was declared the classiest. My niece's block is in the lower right corner. Her fabric was declared the most feminine. I think all the fabric combinations are beautiful and I think all the quilts will be lovely.
Now I tell you why this is my Tuesdays Treasure:
  • It means so much to me to have family members share an interest with me. 
  • It's so much more fun to work together.
  • After many years separated from family by distance, it's so good to be able to get together with my family and share good times!
If you would like to share other treasures go here.

8 comments:

martine said...

This is going to be a very special quilt.

BubzRugz said...

This is such a great treasure - family times are so special and the quilt will have so many memories because of that......... Hugz

clare's craftroom said...

Family treasures are so special ! Thanks so much for playing .

Sue said...

A treasure indeed.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That sounds like so much fun Jill! It is so special for them to be so interested in your craft/passion/art.

orchidlover said...

What a fabulous day you must have had. No wonder you class the blocks as treasures.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Janice said...

That is truly a treasure indeed. The quilts will have such a special meaning.

Ivory Spring said...

What a sweet sweet post, Jill. All the blocks are lovely.