Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tuesday's Treasures


These shoes belonged to my Grandma Emma. I think they are from around the turn of the last century. They must be "best" shoes because they are not very worn. I'm not really sure why I ended up them but I'm glad I did because I love them. I was born to older parents so this was the only grandparent that was still living when I was a child. She lived just a little ways from our house so I would often go with my Dad to check on her. She always gave me a hard candy when we visited. This is a picture of Grandma Emma and her children. Dad is the second from the left on the top row. I always thought he was the most handsome, but of course I might be a bit prejudiced because he was my Dad!
You can see more treasures here.

8 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

What great treasures! I love the old photo.

BubzRugz said...

Those boots are still great - I wonder if you wear them??? Photo is fun too (and your Dad is handsome in it!!)

Ivory Spring said...

Wow - those boots are beautiful! I agree with you - your Dad is the handsomest among the men in the photo! Are you an only child?

marina said...

Beautiful boots. I love all those eyelets.

clare's craftroom said...

Isn't lovely to be able to show our special treasures and hear such wonderful stories . I love those boots ! Thanks for playing .

Liz said...

Photo and boots are lovely. A great treasure!!!!!

rozhearts said...

I just love your boots. They are truely a treasure to have and remember your Grandmother.
(((HUGS))) Roz.

Ivory Spring said...

Hi Jill,

You are one of the winners for my giveaway. Please email me your address, and I will get the magazine sent to you! :)

Congrats!