Monday, June 21, 2010

I finally finished something...and a beautiful flower.

I finally finished a project. It seems like I'm better at starting than finishing and it's good to finally complete something. This is a baby quilt called "Just Ducky". I found the pattern in the Dec. 2009 issue of "American Patchwork and Quilting". I added a border because it felt unfinished. I'm really happy with the results!

Now on to the flower. This is a hibiscus. It is a tropical flower so mine is kept indoors all year. I haven't had any blooms for over two years so I decided to move it directly in front of the patio door. I've had six blooms in just the past week. I guess it's much happier! 

8 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Just Ducky is adorable Jill! The fabrics you chose make it zing! And I love hibiscus!

Myra said...

Your Just Ducky is darling J! I love it! Great fabrics and finish!! Good for you! 8-)

Stephanie said...

How cute is that!!! Great colors too.

Yvonne said...

Cute quilt. I love the duckys. I am glad your hibiscus is happy. Flowers always make me happy too.

FIONA said...

Love the quilt and your blog is great! thankyou! x

Ivory Spring said...

Oh my, this is just too cute!

orchidlover said...

I love your quilt. It's so bright and cheerful.
Lovely flower. We have some Hibiscus (s) over here that are hardy but they are no where near as bright as yours

Love and hugs Gina xx

Solstitches said...

Ahhh, that's just so sweet.
Very colourful and fun!

Margaret