Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Finally a String Quilt and My Only Finished Phd

I finally finished a string project! I didn't sew squares as most people did, instead I decided to do strips. This was a tremendously fun quilt to make and fast. I don't know why I waited so long. I used scraps from a quilt that I made for my niece for her wedding. I'm going to hang it in my sewing room. Let me know what you think! 
The other quilt is my one and only Phd finish. Both challenges end today and although I didn't get as much done as I hope to, I'm still very happy to have joined in and finished these quilts. Thank you Stephanie and Myra for hosting!


7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Very soft and pretty! Congratulations on your finish.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Both finishes are fabulous Jill!

ivoryspring said...

Both are beautiful, Jill. I especially love that string quilt - the fabrics are fanta-bulous!

Myra said...

Hey J! You got a couple done, and that is the main thing! Good for you! I like your String Quilt!!! Great fabrics! 8-)
Thanks for taking part in my challenge, and good luck in the giveaway!

orchidlover said...

Love the Christmas Quilt

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Yvonne said...

Hi Jill,
The strip string quilt looks like a crazy quilt. It looks neat. I like your Christmas quilt too. You used great fabrics in it.

Solstitches said...

I've never seen a string quilt done that way but I have to say I love it.
Such pretty colours too.
Margaret