Monday, June 28, 2010

Another Finish


Here's my second finish for this month. It's a baby quilt using a Dick and Jane panel that I've had in my stash for some time. I showed it to my daughter-in-law one time when she was visiting and she loved it . When it was still in panel form, I thought it was a bit boring so I wanted bright primary colors to, hopefully, enhance the panel. I hope I didn't go too far with the brightness, but I really like it and hope the baby and his parents will as well.
I pieced the back. This is only the second back I have pieced. I think I was a little intimidated, but found it was easy and fun. I had an extra block in the panel that was suitable for the front, but I only needed five so I decided to put it on the back and will use it for a label. I quilted it using red thread and a decorative stitch on my machine. I had great fun making and quilting this quilt. Let me know what you think.

5 comments:

Teresa said...

Jill, The baby quilts are so cute. Your kids are going to love them... We have the grand kids now. It's been a rough couple of days. Their Mom lets then do whatever they want & we have to retrain them every time. So I probaby won't be on the computer much

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Great quilt Jill! I think you chose perfect fabrics to go with the panel pieces.

orchidlover said...

It's gorgeous

Love and hugs Gina xx

ivoryspring said...

My daughters loves the Dick and Jane books. She would have loved this quilt - very cute! The fabrics are perfect for the look.

Solstitches said...

Wow! What baby wouldn't love to be snuggled in this bright and happy quilt.
I love the way you pieced the back.
Margaret