It wasn't supposed to take so long, but it did. The borders were kind of a long process. They took a lot of cutting and sewing, but I'm pleased with how they look. Then there was the center. The blocks were many different sizes. I finally got out my graph paper and worked out what to do. Then I had to get over my fear of sewing it together. I found the sewing was really fun when I finally started and it went together as planned. The first border went on very smoothly. Then came the second border. I hit a pin about ten inches from the end and my machine was really unhappy with that. So unhappy, in fact, that it demanded a trip to the repairman the next morning. Finally three days later the machine was fixed and ready to return home. Last night I was able to finish border two and add three and four. Yea!!! It's finally together!
It's quite long. My husband had to stand on a chair to hold it up so I could take a picture. Here are some of my favorite blocks.
This block features some machine embroidery made for me by Teresa at Moonvalley Quilter. I have had it for years. It's so nice to have finally found the right project for it.
I think I need a rest from this quilt. So it's on to other projects. I will quilt it later when I'm not so tired of it. Let me know what you think!