I finally finished the machine applique on my Christmas stocking blocks and trimmed them. Then I had to figure out how to put them together. They are different sizes so it was a real challenge for me. Thank goodness for graph paper. That took all afternoon yesterday. Here is what I ended up with. I need to make three filler blocks so forgive the empty spaces. I think I will sash it with a really dark brown.
Here is just the center blocks. Most of these blocks were design by two ladies in my quilt guild.
Today I spent the day cutting strips for the scrappy border and filler blocks. Tomorrow I'll cut the sashings.
Finally, I finished my sampler. I combined elements from several sources to achieve the look I wanted.