Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Christmas Stocking Quilt Progress and Finished Sampler

I finally finished the machine applique on my Christmas stocking blocks and trimmed them. Then I had to figure out how to put them together. They are different sizes so it was a real challenge for me. Thank goodness for graph paper. That took all afternoon yesterday. Here is what I ended up with. I need to make three filler blocks so forgive the empty spaces. I think I will sash it with a really dark brown.


Here is just the center blocks. Most of these blocks were design by two ladies in my quilt guild.


Today I spent the day cutting strips for the scrappy border and filler blocks. Tomorrow I'll cut the sashings.


Finally, I finished my sampler. I combined elements from several sources to achieve the look I wanted.

3 comments:

Joan said...

Your sampler is beautiful. I started some cross-stich samplers years ago...I DO know where they are...but...
Your quilt is coming on...Looking forward to seing it completed ♥

ivoryspring said...

Congrats on your sampler finish - it will be an heirloom for your family. Looking forward to see how your stocking quilt is going to unfold...

Stephanie said...

The Christmas stockings are so pretty. You'll be ready in plenty of time for this coming Christmas. Wow that is a gorgeous sampler!!!