Saturday, March 20, 2010

Another block finished!

I finally made my way back to my sewing room and it felt very good to be there. I worked on another of the blocks that I' doing with the the First Saturday of the Month Group. This was December's block. As before we were given fabric and instructions for 4 blocks that I'm using in the corners of my combined blocks. When I get the kit, I first make the 4 blocks supplied.


Then I go to my Quilt Pro quilting program and design a concept block for the combined blocks that I'm making. I'm putting the large star around a pieced Dresden plate in the center of each of the blocks to unify the blocks, because the fabrics are so varied.


Finally I figure out how to construct the blocks to complete the combined block. The center and the blocks between the corner blocks are foundation pieced in this one. Sorry about the lighting in this picture.


Here's January's block. That's two down and five more to go. I would like to have them finished before our next meeting on April 2nd.

2 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your blocks are looking great Jill!

Myra said...

Very nice! Actually wow!!! 8-)