Friday, February 19, 2010

Sewing Room Before and After, New Project, and Sampler Update

I've not completely finished my sewing room but it's ready to see for now. First a "before" picture.


Now a bunch of "after" pictures. First this is one end of the room. The bookcases have been painted. The cutting table has been skirted to hide storage as well as a really ugly table. I also added a tablecloth. I also slip covered the sewing chair.


This shows another wall, the doors on the right hide my fabric stash. Scroll down to see why doors are needed!



I also painted this entertainment center that my husband modified so that I could see the TV when I'm sewing.



I bought new effective blinds and made curtains.


The rulers are hung.



Now on to something new. You may have noticed that some of my walls are pretty bare, so I have started a new quilt. It is my design and will hang above the cutting table. The pieces are fused and waiting to be machine appliqued.


Finally a sampler update. I've added side borders to my center flowers and started the first of two additional portions. If you look closely at my daughters Christmas stocking (in an earlier post) you will find both borders.


Let me know what you think!





8 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Love your sewing room redo Jill! It's so bright and cheery now! Your original applique is wonderful!

Jandi said...

Wow! Your sewing room looks great! I can't wait until the day I move from our dining room (my husband calls it the formal sewing room) to a room of my own!

Teresa said...

Wow your room looks wonderful! Can't wait to see it in May. And I probably never would have noticed the missing welcome sign if you hadn't of mentioned it!! :) I'm thing you need another embroidered fabric postcard... I'll call soon.

Jandi said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I've been showing your pictures to my husband. "I want. I want." lol

ivoryspring said...

Wow, Jill - your sewing room is very nice! Well done.

And all the projects you are working on - they are fabulous too! May I ask what design is that you are cross-stitching?

Exuberant Color said...

I love to see newly arranged sewing spaces. I always have a few things I can't find after moving things though. It looks like your space is so much more efficient. Love the stash!!

Solstitches said...

Wow! Your sewing room is just fabulous now that is has had a makeover. What a fantastic fabric stash too :)
I think your new project will be perfect to hang in the sewing room.
Margaret

Joan said...

I really love all your quilts...do you design them yourself? The framed quilt on your wall in the bedroom is georgeous. Have you finished the fused quilt...and when you sew them together do you use a normal sewing stitch - or something else?