Sunday, January 17, 2010

PhD's (Projects half Done)

Just noticed how long it's been since I posted. I been busy part of the time taking down Christmas and restoring the house to order and also a little lazy. I've been reading and generally vegging, but now it's time to get something done. I have, in all fairness, done some work on a block of the month our guild provided, more about that in another post.

Now onto the PhDs, Myra at Tactile Pleasures...in Fabric organized the challenge. The rules are:
1. Pick as many old shelved projects as you want.

2. Finish them before June 30, 2010.
3. Blog about them.
So here goes... I picked seven projects and am hoping I didn't pick too many. I chose mine because they are the ones that have been sitting around the longest so they are bugging me the most. I only wish they were half done (you will see what I mean)!

Project One, Can't Cut the Fabric Big Block Lap Quilt
This one is the closest to completion. Just needs borders and quilting.


Project Two, Twelve Days of Christmas
This is the oldest project. I need to finish machine appliqueing the blocks (about half are done), sash, add borders, and quilt.


Project Three, Santa Wall Hanging
It's cut out and ready to assemble.


Project Four, Baby Bugs Baby Quilt.
I've picked the fabrics and drawn the blocks (I copied them from the fabric). I actually have made this quilt before and given it away. The finished version is shown in the second picture. This one will be a little different because I don't have the enough of the bug fabric to make it exactly the same.


Project Five, Honeyberries Full Size Quilt
Everything is cut out and half of the blocks are sewn.


Project Six, Comforts of Home Lap Quilt
Everything is cut out. The small blocks for the pieced strips are sewn. I just need to assemble the pieced strips, sew together, add borders, and quilt.


Project Seven, Simple Elegance
It's cut out.


So do you think I can do this?

5 comments:

Myra said...

Hey J!
Awesome PhDs!! You've got some lovely projects to work on there! You can do it! 8-)
Love that finished baby bug quilt!! Very creative!
Happy stitchings!

clare's craftroom said...

Of course you can do this ! I'm looking forward to seeing your finishes .

ivoryspring said...

You can definitely do it! I love all your PhD's...

Do you mind if I added you to my blogroll?

ivoryspring said...

Hi Jill,

I am just popping by to see if you have any new posts... :)

You know, that 12 days of Christmas is on my list of quilts to make. What applique method did you use?

I just added to my blogroll! :)

ivoryspring said...

Jill,

Thanks for your email earlier today. I replied to you. Just so that you know in case you have a spam filter set.