Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Wonderful Trip and Christmas Exchange Ornaments

We spent a week in the San Francisco Bay Area over Thanksgiving. We stayed with my son and daughter-in-law and my daughter visited often. The weather was beautiful and we had a wonderful time. No pictures, I did't take my camera. My daughter-in-law and son are great cooks and we ate great food and not just on Thanksgiving, but the entire week. We toured around a bit and hit one fabric store and an interesting lace store that was part store and part museum. We also ate in some of San Francisco's many great restaurants. My daughter-in-law did some sewing and I had fun giving her pointers. She is a novice, but is learning quickly. She made some wonderful napkins and table runner that made the Thanksgiving table look so pretty. My daughter felted little birds and flowers, something I had never seen done before. They were so cute and it was fun to observe the process. My husband took some pictures of our totally spoiled cocker spaniel before we left. He was feeling very depressed, as he always does when the suitcases come out. He stayed with my sister and had a great time and became best friends with a huge cat that lives there.




Now on to the ornament swap. This was put together by Daisy's Quilts and Clare's Craftroom. Thanks so much ladies! It was great fun. I had a wonderful partner. Here's the ornament she sent me. It looks so pretty hanging on my tree in the great room.



Here's the ornament that I sent her. I had fun designing an
d making it. I have never designed a cross stitch ornament before and was both surprised and pleased with the result. I think I will try to do this every year.


4 comments:

Colleen said...

I guess I have missed the quilt at the top of the blog before. Wow that is some pretty quilt.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your header quilt is amazing!! I don't recall seeing it before either - is it new?

carole ann said...

What a nice suprise to see my ornament online. My computer at home is broke so I check things out at work, but I am unable to post photos. So glad that you liked it, just took one of Gail Pan's BOM and made it into an ornament. I made the entire set for my sister. I will post a photo of your cross stich on my tree when I am able.

Robyn said...

Both gorgeous ornaments Jill!!
It's been fun :D