Saturday, December 12, 2009

Virtual Quilt Show


This is a table runner that I made for my sister about a year and a half ago. It is approximately 17 inches by 36 inches. I fused the border and the poinsettias to the background and then surrounded everything with gold lame' bias. It gave me a chance to use the beautiful, formal, Christmas fabrics by Hoffman that I have always loved. I especially love the metallic accents in the fabric. I have also made myself one. It is my original design and is made to coordinate with a tree skirt (pictured below) which is also my design. I have published the pattern for the tree skirt and hope to publish a pattern for the table runner as well.

Here is a picture of my runner and tree skirt in use. I use it in a small somewhat Victorian parlor in my home. The room is a quiet peaceful place to unwind with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate. I hope you enjoy it and all the Christmas quilts in SewCalGal's Virtual Quilt Show.

13 comments:

Anita in Florida said...

Wow...absolutely stunning!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Just gorgeous!! Both of them! What an awesome original design. Thanks for sharing.

Millie said...

Beautiful Christmas table runner and decorations.

ivoryspring said...

Jill, the tablerunner and the tree skirt are absolutely beautiful. You are very talented. I also like the picture in your banner.

Mrs Moen said...

Just beautiful! Your sister is very lucky to receive such a wonderful set of Christmas quilts.

Anonymous said...

I do not have a blog--but sure enjoy
yours. The Christmas quilt you use
as your heading, where can I get the
pattern???Your table runner and tree
skirt are beautiful.
FrancesHiggins
fhiggins@wk.net

Zlaty said...

Lovely present you made! Great designs!

Have a happy holidays!

Zlaty

Myra said...

Absolutely gorgeous duo!!! Love them! Also love your header quilt! 8-)

QuiltSue said...

They are both gorgeous.

SheilaC said...

Both of your quilts are gorgeous! The fabrics are perfect for Christmas.

Thank you for sharing

SheilaC

SewCalGal said...

Really beautiful quilted table runner. And it looks fantastic on your coffee table in your home. Love it!

Thanks for sharing in my Virtual Christmas Quilt Show.

Anyone can be entered to win a prize. Just pop by to check out the rules at my original post on the VCQS! You can even get a point for voting for your favorite Christmas quilt in this show!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas!

Myra said...

Those are your patterns!?! Wow! Impressive! 8-)