Tuesday, November 24, 2009

November Finishes and a Free Pattern

It's been quite a while since I last posted. I've been really busy. In June I was working on some Christmas projects, then I had to put them aside for other things. So now that Christmas is quickly approaching, it seemed like a good time to get them out and finish. I actually bought this fabric last year intending to finish it before Christmas 2008. I had good intentions, but was short on time. I bought a lot of this fabric because I really didn't know what I was going to do with it. Guess what, I used all but a few scraps! All the items that follow are my own designs. So here goes...

First, Santa and Frosty Wall Hanging
This will go over the mantle in the TV room.



Second, the O' Christmas Tree table runner.
It goes on the coffee table in the same room.

Third, is something new. I wanted a mantle scarf. So after much thought and planning, this is what I came up with.


Fourth, I had some fabric left so I decided we needed an advent tree. There are 24 tiny buttons on the tree and there should be 24 ornaments, but I lost one. So I have to get to Joann's and get another one.
Last but not least, I finished the tree skirt show in an earlier post. I quilted it by machine and bound it with ric rac tucked in the binding. The pattern for this tree skirt is my gift to you Please feel free to make it for yourself, but please don't copy it for resell, or make this item for resell without my permission. Click here to download a pdf of the pattern. Enjoy and have a happy thanksgiving.


2 comments:

Barb said...

Your designs are wonderful! Your finished projects are fantastic. I love the fabric you choose to work with also. I absolutely love the santa and snowman. Great blog, thank you for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving.

Solstitches said...

What beautiful projects! You are very talented.
I love the design in your blog header is that one of your original designs also?
A big thank you for the lovely tree skirt pattern.

Margaret