Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Beautiful Sunset and Two More Gifts


I caught this sunset the other day and thought I would share. I live in a valley sandwiched between two mountain ranges. When the sun is going down it often catches just the top of the eastern range and turns it glowing pink. The shadow keeps creeping up and up the mountain until only a few clouds are left to reflect the color.


On to the gifts...
The first is a set of shopping bags that I made for my daughter. Again these are made using a pattern on a tutorial on "Notes from Terry Ann". It is a great pattern. Jessica loved them and the other goodies I sent.



Next is a set of Christmas pot holders and a tea towel made for my younger son's birthday. The pattern is by Nancy Halvorsen. I love her whimsical designs. Jacob was very happy with them.
Birthdays are almost done. All that's left is my niece's tomorrow. I will show you what I made in a day or so, when she has opened her gift.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

spectacular photos and great progess on gifts

Solstitches said...

You have been making some lovely gifts.
Once again, I love the fabric you have chosen for the bags.
Margaret