Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Something Different for Me.


I have been working on a wall quilt that is quite a different project than I usually do. I found the pattern in "American Patchwork and Quilting" October 2009. It is called "Stepping Stones". I love the layered look of the quilt. The quilt in the magazine was made in batik fabric and to me the design called for stronger, more graphic fabric. The fabric I chose was a Christmas gift from last year along with some other fabric from my stash. I love the way it turned out. The pattern is a delight to make. So fun and so easy. Forgive the pins, the quilting is not complete.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

There's so much dimension! Nice work!

jiajia said...

It really pops...very cool!

Teresa said...

It turned out great. I love you colors...

Millie said...

Your quilt turned out so nice...all the frames justs pops!

Sue said...

I love this! I might have to go out and buy that magazine.

Dorothy V said...

I have that magazine and was thinking about making it too. Your version is lovely - great colours.

Gail said...

As always, your true artistic spirit emerges with your color and design choices!catedind