Saturday, October 10, 2009

I've been sewing but...

I've been making birthday gifts for my kids and until they open them I can't show the items here. I also made a pumpkin quilt like the the one I made my daughter-in-law for her birthday. It looks exactly like the one on my title banner, so you have already seen it. So...I thought I would show you a Halloween quilt I made in 2004. I designed it and wrote the little jingle on it (this will illustrate why I quilt instead of writing poetry). I entered it in the 2004 Miniatures From the Heart contest and took first place in the holiday category. The quilt was never in the magazine because that was the year that they quit publishing, but I won some very nice prizes. I hope you like it.

2 comments:

SarahVee said...

I love this quilt! It really shows the fun, not scary side, of Halloween. I love the colours too. Congrats on winning - too bad it didn't get published. Thanks for sharing.

Sandy in Buenos Aires said...

I LOVE it !!!It's a fun an happy quilt ! Congrats on winning !!!