Friday, October 2, 2009

BOM and Witches

I just finished making the first blocks for a block of the month project through a local quilt store. It is a great deal. You pay $5.50 for the fabric to make your first set of blocks and then if you show up monthly with your blocks made, you get the next month's fabric free. This year's theme is the Oregon Trail. For any who don't already know, this was the main pathway west before the railroads were built. The store owners give a little history lesson and then a monthly block. This month's blocks are called "Hole in the Dugout". The dugout refers to early homes built on the plains. The homes were actually dug into the side of a hill and then sod was used to construct the rest of the walls. Sound's rather uncomfortable! Here are my blocks.
Now to the witch part...My sister, my niece and I went to a nearby shopping area that is rather unique. It is an old grain mill surrounded by small historical homes. The mill is converted into a restaurant and furniture/gift shop. The surrounding homes are small shops. Every October they have a large Halloween witch display. Here are a few that we especially enjoyed.



This next witch apparently is not a careful flier!

9 comments:

carol said...

Loved your witch display!! Gives me some ideas for some swaps that I'm in. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Teresa said...

You've been busy on your blog! It's bright!! I think I like it... Blocks are looking good

clare's craftroom said...

Great witchy photos , what fun !

Barb said...

I absolutely love the witches! I also love your pumpkin banner--is that a quilt you made? It is so beautiful!

acereta said...

Thanks for commenting in my blog. I am glad you liked my works... I am not able to make patchwork (yet), because for this art one needs to learn and take lessons from experienced quilters (it takes time and is quite expensive here in Russia, not to mention materials...), but I hope to learn one day, so I lokk at the quilters sites and find some inspiration there for my other works...

Teresa said...

I got my fabric today thanks. I'll get a check sent asap. The blog color looks good! Call when you can...

MindSoup said...

i think its great what you´re putting your energy into. the time for revolution of counsciousness is getting closer and closer. waking up its a matter of faith and love... all my love to you!

Julie said...

Love your Halloweenie quilt!

Deborah said...

Love the witches! What fun!