Thursday, September 24, 2009

I've been busy, not quilting but...


I've been sewing curtains for the family room off the kitchen. This is my room. My husband has his own TV room downstairs. I've had blinds up for about 2 years. I also had valences, but I still want to soften the look so I added curtains to the sides of the windows and added detail to the valences. I wasn't so sure they would look as good as I had pictured in my head, but I actually am happier with them I thought I would be. It will be nice to get back to quilting. The curtains are so big and seemed really heavy as I was sewing. Now on to something smaller scaled.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Jill,They look really good. I've had fabric sitting in my way for 9 months to make valances for the living room. Really need to get busy...

Lisa said...

I love sewing curtains...yours are very nice

Colleen said...

I love the curtains. You have good decorating taste.