Monday, September 7, 2009

Autumn is in the air here.


Although our day are still quite hot and some of the nights are neglecting to cool down, at times there is a decided snap of autumn in the air. Just a small taste of things to come. The petunias in my garden are starting to look a little tired, but the marigolds, black eyed susans, and chrysanthemums are starting to shine. Fall is birthday time in our family. Almost everyone, except me, has an autumn birthday. My daughter-in-law Amanda starts out the parade and truly loves fall colors and themes. So I made her a wall hanging with a pumpkin that can be used though the season. It about 26 inches by 33 inches. The design is mine. I am so happy with how it turned out that I think I'll make myself one. Let me know what you think.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I absolutely love it!

Teresa said...

Amanda is going to love it, it turned out great!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Great colors and design!! Lucky Amanda!

SueR said...

Hi Jill, I love your design! I like the stained glass effect with the bias tape, and the corn fabric is really an interesting backdrop. Well done!

Thanks for visiting my blog today, I'm glad you liked my labels, they're fun to make. It's a chore sometimes, but you're right, it's the final touch.

I noticed when you left your comment to you, you're listed as "no reply", and I didn't see one on your blog either. Would you consider adding an email address to your profile, so folks could write back to you? It could be a gmail address.

clare's craftroom said...

It is so beautiful !