Friday, June 19, 2009

Not Sewing This Week...



Since I'm not sewing this week, I thought I would post a couple of pictures of mini's I finished some time ago. The flower quilt is 17" x 17" and feels like summer to me. The bookshelf quilt is 13" x 20". I'm the little girl in the picture. They are both my designs.

It's home improvement time around here. The living room is painted and ragged and I think it's looking really good. I haven't put it all back together yet, maybe tomorrow. Also my husband and I have been helping my sister install tile in her entry. Very hard work, but it's looking really good. I must tell you 20 inch square tiles are really heavy. I just need to paint several furniture items and then I can get back to my sewing room. Hopefully some time next week.

5 comments:

SueR said...

Wow, your minis are really wonderful! There's so much detail in the bookshelf mini--what fun! How did you do the photograph?

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

I took the photo to a local copy shop and they copied it on to a heat sensitive transfer paper. I then ironed it on to a plain white cotton fabric. You can also buy transfer paper at most office stores, and some quilt shops. Just make sure the image is washable it you ever plan to wash the item. I'm so glad you like my minis. Teresa (Moonvalley Quilter) and I have been challenging each other for years to make the best mini. All in fun, of course! Jill

Polka Dot Daze said...

Hi there, thanks for giving me some quilting advice on my blog. Those mini quilts are amazing! You are a very clever lady!

clare's craftroom said...

Hi Jill , I am your polka dot swap partner . Have fun !

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

You do some awesome work!! Your mini's are perfect and the bookcase is so creative.