Sunday, May 17, 2009



Here are the latest two quilts that I have finished. They are both miniature quilts. The one with sunflower border is 11 inches square. The smaller blocks are 1 inch square. The pattern is a variation of a quilt published in "The Miniature Quilter" magazine, with a Carol Doak block replacing one of the original blocks (remember I said I very seldom follow all the instructions). I wanted a brighter, happier quilt than the original. The other quilt is called Mom's Dresden Plates and is my design. I thought about my Mom (who passed away last fall at age 96) while I was making it because when we would go to quilt shows, she would always admire the Dresden Plate quilts. She also loved the reproduction 30's fabrics. I think they took her back to when she was newly married and had a young family. The blocks are 4 inches square and the overall measurements are 15 inches by 19 inches. I'm going to make more small quilts with this fabric. I have a very empty wall in my kitchen.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Ok Jill, Here's your first comment, I love both of them & still think they would look really good on my wall of mini quilts!!

Millie said...

Your friend Teresa send me over to your blog and I am so glad she did. Both quilts are great and welcome to blogland. I will sign up us one of your followers and will visit you again.